The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


What's up with women? Specifically, why the heck do they get super crazy grumpy when they get the slightest tinge of hunger???

I know my wife gets pretty...um...grumpy when she gets hungry, and I just read Shauna's post where she mentions getting irritable due to hunger (among other things). What's the deal with that? I don't know any guys that get this way when they get hungry.

Maybe Moses wrote it down wrong. Here's what I bet Eve's temptation's conversation with Satan was like:

Satan: "So, you've been working in the garden all day?"
Eve: "Yeah...and I've only eaten a few berries since breakfast!"
Satan: "See this tree I'm in?"
Eve: "Yeah, but..."
Satan: "C'mon! You haven't eaten in 3 hours! Feel that tinge of hunger in your tummy?"
Eve: "You know...I didn't know what that feeling was. I've only been alive for like 5 verses!"
Satan: "And that emotion you're feeling is called 'irritability'"
Eve: "Oh! What's my reaction supposed to be like to this 'irritability' due to this hunger?"
Satan: "You have to gripe and complain a lot, snap at Adam some, and stay like that unti you eat the nearest piece of food."
Eve: "Well, we ARE standing under and apple tree...."
Satan: "Why...yes we are!"

7 Responses to “What's Up with...?”

  1. # Blogger Lafe

    wow, since i am still single, and hopefully won't stay that way for the rest of my life, i am gonna give that one a big ol' NO COMMENT!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    john! i guess this is how i say hello! ha! thanks for letting me and caro just show up and hang with you and al! yall are the best! tell her i love her and ill see her later...oh and im gonna get one of these blog things..help?  

  3. # Blogger John Nelson

    Good call, Lafe! And I am prepared to take the beating I shall receive from this post (probably from hungry women)  

  4. # Blogger shauna

    hmmm, no comment from me either. i certainly don't have the answer.
    but you guys need to lighten up, because you guys get irritable too.  

  5. # Blogger Wayne

    I am SURE there has to be some good theology in this line of reasoning!!! :-)  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Haven't you heard that girls think about food as much as guys think about sex. Make sense now?  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I would have never guessed that Lafe would have no comment. I know when I am REALLY hungry I can get grumpy. I'm normally not grumpy unless someone in the group is being wishy-washy and won't make a decision about dinner. I also want a version of the Nelson bible.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.