The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


My parents were biting at the bit to keep Emma for a weekend, so we finally found a weekend that worked out well, which was this past weekend. Mom and Dad met Allison and Emma in Harrison (halfway between here and Mtn. Home) and did the drop-off. Emma is really good at exchanges, so she doesn't get all weepy and fussy when we drop her off with others.

Friday night, we went out with the Hales, the Tokars, the Eichlers, and Todd to celebrate my birthday (Feb 28), Sarah Eichler's birthday (Mar 2), and Travis' birthday (today). We met and ate at Fudrucker's, then headed back to the Eichler's house to play some games and hang out. We ended up playing some always fun Scattegories. Lots of laughing and randomness! We retired close to midnight.

Saturady morning, I got up around 7:30 to go visit with Dr. Davis, our vet. He needs some computer work done his office, so I went to see if it's anything I can actually do. It was neat (and sad) to be in the back of the vet's office where all the sick animals were. After that, we met Josh & Margo and Margo's parents at the infamous Sunset Grill for some breakfast. It was an hour wait for food, so we just sat around and talked for a while. If you've never been, I highly recommend Sunset Grill...they have great everything! I really like their cinnamon toast, which is doused in butter and 100% covered is sugar and cinnamon! Good stuff!

After breakfast, Josh & Margo and us went to Lowe's to get some home improvement items: a new back door, blinds for that door, and 5 4x8 sheets of 1/2" plywood to floor the attic. Since I am absolutely worthless as a fixer-upper, we successfully got Josh to volunteer for the job! We loaded everything up and headed for the house. Josh yanked out our existing back door and was getting ready to install the new one when we realized we got the wrong door type...we needed one that swung the OTHER direction. So, we loaded up the door and took it back to Lowe's, exchanged the doors, and came back to finish the job. I keep saying "we"...but I was pretty much there as the financier, moral support and as a tool gopher. After the door was done, Josh started cutting the wood to floor the attic. He did let me feel cool by letting me chalk the board using this cool device that stretches across the board like a measuring tape. Then you pop the string down on the board, and it leaves a perfect line for you to cut down! It's lots of fun! After lots of hammering and squatting and cutting, Josh finally finished the attic.

That night, Allison and I went to Copeland's to eat some dinner after hitting up Lowe's again for some miscellaneous items we forgot to get earlier. My good friend Blake got me a gift certificate to Copeland's for my birthday, so we utilized that. Tasty food! Their spinach and artichoke dip with fried bowtie pasta for scoopers is amazing! We then came home and watched this past Thursday's episode of ER and then LOST. I have to admit, this last episode of LOST may be the best one of the entire series! Good stuff on there!

On Sunday, Allison slept in until 9:45! I got up around 8:00 because some stupid birds were pecking at the window above our front door. I might have to get Travis to come over and shoot the birds like he's been doing at his house. The darn things are driving me nuts, and Belle just sits there staring at them every morning, jumping up and down every now and then to try and get them! I needed to do some work on my community group lesson, so I chilled in the office and worked on that until it was time to go to church. The service this morning was easily the best service I've attended. I'll try to write more about that later...it's worth recapping.

After church, we picked up some Arby's for lunch, and headed toward Harrison to pick up Emma. We thought it would be quicker to go through Rogers / Eureka Springs since we were already in Rogers. We were wrong. It's technically shorter than going from Rogers to Springdale to Harrison in miles...but the winding roads between Rogers and Berryville took forever!

When we finally met my parents in Alpena (they kept coming towards us to make up for our behind-schedule-ness), Emma was super-stoked to see us! It was really fun that she was excited...we got worried she might not be excited. We headed back home, listened to the Hogs beat the tar out of Georgia, and then went to Community Group. Now, I'm on my way to put Emma down for the night and begin about 2 hours of ironing. It was a good, productive, adult-only weekend. But I'm also super glad to have Emma back in the house.

2 Responses to “An Adult-Only Weekend”

  1. # Blogger Spencer

    Happy birthday man! Sounds like you had a good one.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Johny. Why can't home improvement projects go perfectly right just for once? You always think... oh we are in good shape this time. It won't take 6 hours like last time and it ends up taking 7. I will have to come check out the new back door and the shower when it is done. Maybe Travis and I will come over and get it worn in for you. :) Hey you guys looked great at the heart ball thing. Allison's dress was beautiful. I keep forgetting to tell her how pretty she looked- you can pass it along! Kate  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.