The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Tonight, I got to have a "date night" with my daughter. Allison went to a party for one of her cell group girls, so that left me and Emma to chill and enjoy each other's company! Now, I'm usually pretty apprehensive about these nights (and at the same time really excited). The apprehension comes from not knowing exactly what to do on our date night. I'm not one who can just sit around at the house and play with toys for longer than 15 minutes, so Emma and I usually go do something around town.

Tonight, we ate dinner at home (turkey & cheese sandwich for her, Frosted Flakes with blueberries for me), then loaded up the car for a night on the town! First, we made our way to Johnson's Sno Cone place. I got a large Tiger's Blood (strawberry, coconut, splash of cinnamon) and crawled into the back seet with Emma (she was in her car seat still). The driver's side passenger seat was down (because Belle usually travels in Al's car), so I propped my back up against the driver's seat. We listened to some music and shared a sno cone. After every bite, she would go "AHHHHH" and show me her tongue, hoping that it would change colors like mine. After about 10 minutes of eating, laughing, and "AHHH"-ing, we headed over to PetsSmart to browse the pets.

Emma loves the big fish section and the hamsters (one is ALWAYS on the wheel, just churning and burning). Tonight was extra fun, as the store in Fayetteville was having obedience training for puppies. We got to watch the puppies socialize for a bit and they all came by to be pet and lick Emma's sno-cone-flavored hands. I let her just roam around the store for about 30 minutes before getting back in the car to head home (it's almost her bedtime at this point).

On the way back, we have to pass Johnson Park, quite possibly Emma's favorite place to go. So being the loving father that I am (read: sucker), we stop at the park for about 20 minutes. She got on the swing for a bit, then wanted to to the BIG slide...which I gladly did with her...4 times.

We got in the car and headed home, where she got into her PJs and got her blanket. We read 2 books (the second book was read about 3 times...so that's like 4 books). I asked for a hug & kiss, and got a super long hug and a sweet pacifer-kiss (she didn't bother to take it out for the kiss).

The best part of this is that tomorrow, I get to have a date night with Allison! So fun!

4 Responses to “Date Night with Emma”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I love that you and Emma already have dates together. It brings a smile to my heart to think about the two of you doing all of that stuff together. You are a great Dad!!! (and a wonderful husband)Thank you for loving and providing for our family.
    Love you,
    Allison  

  2. # Blogger Grant

    So are we going to get a detailed description of your date night with Allison? :) hahahahhaha

    I seriously don't want that...it was just a joke, so don't go posting it, okay?

    Did you hear me, John?

    John....did you hear me???  

  3. # Blogger John Nelson

    No worries...my date with Allison will be pretty simple: dinner, furniture store, then watching "Lost".

    But I appreciated the concern that I would go too far in posting about my date with Allison. I have a tendency to step over any line placed in front of me.  

  4. # Blogger Wayne

    Oh brother, someone delete Grant.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.