The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Okay, so my daughter, Emma, started crawling this past weekend. So we baby-proofed the house all weekend. Our dog's (Belle's) food & water bowls (shiny silver) are near the kitchen and Emma's play area. My daughter is like a racoon: anything shiny must be touched! My wife and I watch as Emma crawls her way over to the dog bowl full of fresh dog food. We repeatedly say "no" as she crawls over there (she's only 8 1/2 months old, so she doesn't comprehend). We let her touch the food bowl, then pull her hand away, slap it (Extremely) gently, say "no" again, then move her back to her play area. She immediately crawls back for the food bowl. (This is what Paul would refer to as the "sin" nature in Romans...even appearing before the age of 1!).

So I start to notice Emma is drooling a lot...almost like spit up, but not that much. I discount it as drool (which is happening a lot since she's teething, too) and watch her crawl back toward the dog bowl. She's drooling and then crawling through it which is really grossing me out. I pick her up and ask my lovely wife (Allison) to wipe off her hands and face. Allison then sees a big 'ol piece of dog food in Emma's mouth! YUCK!!!!!!! My wonderful wife sticks her fingers in Emma's mouth and pulls out the slimy, slightly dissolved dog food and throws it away.

So, Emma had been munching on some dog food for about 4 minutes before we even found out! And she kept crawling back to the bowl! I guess she likes dog food. Maybe that will save us some money in the long run! :)

Thought I'd share my lovely pre-dinner event with the world.

Kids are exciting.

And kinda gross, too....sometimes.

1 Responses to “My Baby Likes Dog Food!”

  1. # Blogger John Nelson

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.