The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


My Delima
The last couple of days, I've really been thinking about the process of teeth brushing. My normal process is this: 1) turn on water, 2) wet toothbrush in water, 3) set brush down to open toothpaste container 4) pick up brush and and apply paste, 5) hold brush while trying to put the cap back on the toothpaste without knocking off the stuff on my brush, and then 6) actually brushing my teeth. Granted, this only takes like 20 seconds to do, but there's just so much MOVING required!

My Solution
Dispensers have been a huge success throughout history. Take PEZ for example. It's a head with a stick body that you violently rip the head backwards and take candy from it's "throat". Great concept! And how about the dish soap dispensing scrubbers that help you clean dishes without having to continually re-load your scrubber with extra soap...they've sold a few of those, I'm sure.

But I've never heard of a toothpaste-dispensing toothbrush! And why the heck not? It makes perfect sense! Push a button on the brush, and BAM! Toothpaste squirts up onto the bristles of the brush, and you're off! No messy cap. No 2-handed juggling to contend with. And let's not even get into how much water would be saved!

Someone needs to make this happen! Colgate? Crest? OralB? Let's get crackin'! Stop improving the design of the brush and let's get to integrating!

3 Responses to “Invention Idea: Pez Toothbrush”

  1. # Blogger John Nelson

    I knew I should have looked online before posting, but I needed to rant a bit since the product isn't mainstream. Apparently, there is a patent on a combined brush/paste.  

  2. # Blogger Josh and Margo

    hey johnny I found something for you
    www.sonicare.com/discover/default.asp
    and www.goohso.com/html/marko.html
    Josh  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You're English teacher/DJ mom is thoroughly disappointed that you mis-spelled "dilemma!" YoMa  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.