The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Unlike Lafe, I will not be making up Forrest Gump-esque stories for my tag post. Since I have a horrible memory, I may not be able to elaborate much, but here it goes:

10 Years Ago
I was in my first year of college at the Universtiy of Arkansas. At this point in time, I wasn't horribly concerned with attending class, but was big into the social aspects of college. I was also in the Razorback Marching Band and was traveling a lot with the football team. That was the year we won the SEC West, played Florida in the SEC Championship (lost horribly), and played the Carquest Bowl in Tampa.

The spring semester of that year (1995-1996 class year) is when Ben Ponder (an friend from my hometown a couple of years older than me) came alongside me and began discipling me and got me involved with Student Mobilization. I ended up playing my trumpet in their worship band and met some of my best friends to this day.

5 Years Ago
I had just married my beautiful wife, Allison. I was in my senior year of college (I began psuedo-aggressive skating my 1st sophomore year and got kicked out of school on academic suspension and worked at Marketplace Express for a year, then got back into school with much more intensity and motivation). I was interning at Tyson's HQ in Springdale in the Compensation / HR Information Technology department. Allison worked full time at a local architect doing Interior Design. If you are a married guy, and you haven't lived off your wife for at least 1 year, I really recommend it. It's SOOO nice! But it's nicer to bring home the (lean) bacon, too.

1 Year Ago
Emma was crawling all over the place. About this time last year, we took Emma to a Pumpkin Patch and took a ton of pictures, which was really fun. I was (and continue to) worked for Nestlé as a Sales Technologist / Analyst.

Yesterday
Went to work at Nestlé, ate Krispy Kreme donughts for breakfast (oh so tasty!). Allison went out with some Bible Study girls to paint pottery. Emma and I went out on a Father/Daughter date to McDonald's and played on their indoor playground for a while. Played Xbox. Watched Alias.

5 Snacks I Enjoy
- Krispy Kreme donughts (chocolate glazed)
- Popcorn
- Butterfinger Crisp
- Peanut Butter & Crackers
- Gobstoppers

5 Songs I Know All the Words To
- Lots of worship songs / hymns
- Lots of Christmas carols (only 1 stanza, though...does that count?)
- Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby"
- Metallica's "One"
- "Shew Fly, don't bother me"
- "Little Bunny Foo-Foo"

5 Things I Would Do with $1 Million
- Build a house for my media room (yes, the emphasis is correct)
- Invest with the remaining $20

5 Places I Would Run To:
- I'm pretty sure there aren't any places I would run. Running is overrated.

5 Things I Would Never Wear (or Wear Again)
- Duct Tape
- A dress
- Spandex / Lycra
- A thong
- Polka dotted outfits

5 Biggest Joys
- Emma
- Allison
- Xbox
- Golf
- Personal Electronics

5 Favorite TV Shows:
- Lost
- Boston Legal
- American Idol
- 24 (despite what Cynical Seth may say)
- Desperate Housewives
- (Alias would have been on this list 2 years ago)

5 Favorite Toys
- Xbox
- Computer
- Golf Clubs
- Disc Golf discs
- Couch

5th Line From My 23rd Blog
Taken from an audio post 4 hours before going to pick up Halo 2 at EB Games with Miller, PK, Harkey, and several others: I rambled for 4 sentences, then summarized with this, my 5th line from my 23rd blog: "More to come". Genious.

2 Responses to “Freeze Tag”

  1. # Blogger Elise

    So, we were just discussing Desperate Housewives earlier today at Grove staff team day. What is up with this show? We really want to know. Is it as racy as it seems in the previews? Give us the low down.  

  2. # Blogger John Nelson

    I wouldn't say it's racy, per se. The word I would use is trashy...surburbia style. I can't really put my finger on why I like it so much, but the characters are really fascinating. It's an interesting look into peoples' lives.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.