The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I don't know if all parents are like this, or just parents with smaller kids (2 and under), but our outings into the outside world have been few and far between lately. I wouldn't say it's a rut...we really enjoy hanging out at the house with Emma and Belle, watching TV and playing on the floor.

Allison's birthday was yesterday, and she requested dinner and a movie (they warn you against this type of date in college and while courting, but it becomes quite a nice treat post-children). My birthday is at the end of the month, and Valtentine's Day is on Monday. So, we celebtrated all 3 holidays by going to Copeland's and splurging. I have to admit, Copeland's may be my favorite place to eat...ever. I've never had a bad meal or experience there. Last night, we started off with the Spinach & Artichoke Dip (with fried bowtie pasta to dip with...it's amazing). Once we poslished off the entire appitizer, we got a entrees: Allison got crab cakes over pasta with grilled shrimp, and I got the Blackened Prime Rib (by far the best tasting meat I've ever had). As I stared at the remaining 1/3 of my steak trying desperately to make my stomach bigger so I could finish it, Allison made the waitress take it away from me. We ended the meal by sharing a Mudslide.

We then went to Malco Towne Cinema and watched Hitch. This movie is the best movie I've seen in a long time. If you know me, I'm kinda loud...and I was trying very hard not to be the "loud guy" in the movie. But it was really, really funny and I had a hard time controlling my laughter volume. The movie is well-written, good plot, great character development, and extremely funny. It runs the gammit of emotions: funny, serious, emotional, and just downright feel good. It's one of those movies you watch and immediately say "I'm going to own that". So I recommend seeing it. It's not a chic-flick...so guys, it's OK to see it...you'll like it, too.

So here's a toast to birthday dinners, fantastic movies, and to getting out of the house.

0 Responses to “The Birthday Date”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.