The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I just purchased Kill Bill Vol 1 and Vol 2 on DVD from Barnes & Noble (Christmas gift card). I saw the movies right after they came out for rent, because I could never find the time (or interested friend) to go see it in the theater. Having seen it the first time: I was shocked by Vol 1, and awed by Vol 2.

Rewatching these movies recently (back to back over the course of the whole weekend), I am reminded again how freaking amazing Quentin Tarantino is as a director! I believe my favorite part of the movies is easily the music...very spaghetti-western with some techno/funk mixed in.

Vol 1 is very, VERY graphic, but yet amazing. Vol 2 can be seen without seeing Vol 1 (but really, you gotta see them both!), and is more plot-line and character development based.

Is it just a "guy thing" to attach yourself to a movie and its characters? I really got into the plot line and emotion created by Bill and the Bride's story. Strange...I can't explain it, but it just drew me in!!

Ok. So what are YOUR thoughts on Kill Bill?

2 Responses to “Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2”

  1. # Blogger Grant

    The music is awesome.

    The movies - I didn't like Vol.1. Haven't seen 2 because thought 1 was - well, other than staring at Uma Thurman (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), a waste of time.

    Watched Garden State last night - did you recommend that movie to me?

    An okay movie - had some deep metaphors running through it but not one to watch when you are tired and irritable. I had to wake Amy up a couple of times.

    Odd seeing Queen Amidala as a babbling idiot.  

  2. # Blogger Grant

    one more comment - found this forum, thought you'd like it. the question is will catholics go to heaven.

    http://www.evangelicalunderground.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8

    figured your due a post on this topic, right? :)  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.