The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Ok, I was just commenting on The Steger's blog about something, and realized that I really know about 3 of the 12 blogs in the Blog Ring of Fellowship (or more aptly, The Grove).

So I think we should have a "Meet Your Fellow Blogger" party to meet everyone. Of course, most of you know everyone else since most of you go to The Grove. But since I don't, I think it would be fun to have a gathering of bloggers so we could all meet. Also, it would be handy so that THIS doesn't ever happen again. (sorry Virginia...it's just too funny to let go of quite yet)

So tell me what you think about this party idea. If there's any interest, it will be put together and be a night to remember! (I have glorious visions in my head!)


And Grant, as stated in my comment to Virginia's recent post, you are certainly welcome to come up and join the party if it occurs. We'll make it a point to ignore you for a bit, but will eventually talk to you.

7 Responses to “"Meet Your Fellow Blogger" Party”

  1. # Blogger Grant

    I'm in!! I love being irrelevant or irreverant..or ignored...

    anyway - let me know! We'll bring the whole family, Xbox, DDR, Halo 2, and Corky's! (Or Whole Hog as the case may be!)  

  2. # Blogger Grant

    nice work on the comment thing - it's awesome, isn't it? Easier to read, no extra page reloading, and of course, it just looks cool....and that is what is important.  

  3. # Blogger John Nelson

    Yeah, thanks for the link to help me set that up! I'm a big fan of the slide down comments!

    And yes, it's ALL about looks and appearance...and it's certainly NOT about personal holiness!  

  4. # Blogger Brett

    Nelson (and Grant) check out my version of Peek-A-Boo comments on my site harkey.blogspot.com

    Not only do I have Peek-A-Boo comments, but it also tells you how many comments have been added since the last time you looked at the comments.

    To get the code to do this, go to http://jsierra.net/2004/10/comment-notification-added.html  

  5. # Blogger Grant

    okay, nelson - I just went to his site. I hate to admit this....but it is cooler than what we've got.

    I now have blogger envy.  

  6. # Blogger Grant

    john & brett -
    thanks to some late night help from brett - the peak-a-boo comment PLUS feature is working nice over at Stu's Rants.

    So I am going to keep it. secondly - I got this feedburner thing to keep our student ministry page updated automatically when a blog hits cyberspace but not sure of all the options/subscriptions/uses of it...

    got any insight there?  

  7. # Blogger John Nelson

    What's a feedburner? Is that the feature that puts "New!" beside the blog link if there's a new post?  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.