The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Recently, Allison and I switched from cable to Dish Networks. We got the dual tuner DVR to go with it (the main reason we switched in the first place).

Since I'm a tech junkie, I have several audio / video devices around the house. And before the DVR, I had a cheap programmable remote to replace the 6 remotes for the individual pieces. However, with the DVR, my remote is outdated and there is nothing I hate doing more than re-programming a remote control. Too hard and takes too long.

My birthday is coming up soon (Feb 28th), so I've asked my family for some cold, hard cash. And with that cash, I will be purchasing this remote control.

This thing is stinking amazing! It plugs into your computer via USB, and takes you to a website. You choose the different components (TV, DVR, DVD, VCR, etc) that are hooked up to your home theater, tell it how things are hooked up (DVD has to have TV set to Input 1). This is all graphical and component specific (so you don't get a generic TV, it's specific to the make and model).

The fact that I don't have to flip between pages in a manual to find the matching code and how to program that code into the new remote is stinking HUGE. If you're intrigued by this remote (like I am), read the review article...it's pretty detailed, but interesting.

2 Responses to “I Love Remote Controls”

  1. # Blogger Seth Gunderson

    Check this remote out... I've seen tons of these things around... http://www.ausmedia.com.au/home%20theatre%20remote%20control.htm  

  2. # Blogger John Nelson

    Yeah, I looked at those (and some other similar remotes). I would be up for it, but I think the wife would have some issues. Besides, I guess I'm old-fashioned in the remote area: I like good old hard buttons that I can feel.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.