The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


This past Sunday, I went to the Fellowship Student Ministries service to see my cell group guys. Brian Pope spoke about the discipline of fasting and gave an example of his fasting from talk radio. In lieu of his talk radio, he got some sermons in mp3 format and was listening to them instead.

Now I'm a huge fan of my mp3 player (even though it's not an iProduct...it's better!), and I have a 25 minute commute to and from work (total of 50 minutes/day). So, I got inpired (and then it turned into a downright hankering, then into an addiction) to download as many audio sermons as possible to listen to while commuting to work. This isn't a radical change for me, as I usually listen to Christian apologetics and teaching in the car (90.7 in South NWA, 101.5 in North NWA). But I figured it's all good stuff to have and switches up the normal routine.

What I discovered was this: there's a TON of Christian audio sermons out there! And they're all FREE! Here are a few of the sites I've hammered with downloads:

1) John Piper's Desiring God: incredible sermons mainly based on Romans. Reformed pastor.

2) SermonAudio.com: cool stuff from older pastors like Moody, Tozer, Spurgeon, etc.

3) SermonIndex.net: similar to SermonAudio.com.

4) Fellowship of Northwest Arkansas: Murray (and possibly Miller) helped put the audio features on the site, and it is really great. Though it's weird to think that I have my brother-in-law's (Sam Hannon) talks on my mp3 player .

5) Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvery Chapel in Costa Mesa, CA. This guy is incredible! He's one of the founder of Calvary Chapel, a mega church based in California and now all over the place. Calvary Chapel owns CSN (Calvary Satellite Networks) and controls the radio station I listen to all the time in the car (90.7 / 101.5). I just found this list of all his sermons that cover 90% of the Bible!!! It may take me a while to download them all (323 sermons), but I'm making it a life-goal for 2005!

I would highly recommend trying this out for a while. It's amazing how it has changed my attitude throughout the day and fills you things of God instead of John & Jenn in the Morning (though I'm pretty guilty of loving them).

2 Responses to “Tremendous Blessing”

  1. # Blogger Grant

    DUDE! Love the flash stuff!! How the heck?! Want to learn from the Sensei..(Bow to your sensei, bow to your sensei)

    Couple of other sites - Mark Driscoll in SeattleAnd if you are REALLY DESPERATE, our church does mp3's as well...

    Big Church, aka Grace Church and
    5.36 Student Ministry Service  

  2. # Blogger John Nelson

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.