The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Of course, the title of this post is so much better when said aloud with the Gomer Pyle voice. But onto the reason for post: my family stinking rocks (especially my wife, Allison)!!!

I asked for 1 thing this Christmas: the Xbox 360. Granted, with hefty price tag, it would take my parents, Allison's parents, and Allison to work together to get this as my single present for the season. I've been reading articles all over the web about how Microsoft has short-shipped all stores. Walmart, Best Buy, EB Games, etc are supposedly only getting 30-50 360's for their first shipment. The problem with this is that hundreds and thousands of people pre-ordered thier new Xbox. A lot of stores were saying that they weren't even getting enough to fulfill their pre-orders, and reported that it could be as late as January or even April before someone could just walk in and buy one! Enter that deep, sad feeling you get when your hopes and dreams are DASHED upon razor sharp rocks. I wasn't expecting to get one when it was first released, but I was at least thinking I'd get one under the ol' Christmas tree. I was even going to wait in line with Jason Miller and his brother the night of the release...just to be a part of the excitement!

Well...my wonderful family and perfect wife pulled together and allowed me and early Christmas present! Allison surprised me this afternoon with a fun letter from everyone telling me I didn't have to wait with Jason and Adam for fun...I could really get one the night of release! How freaking awesome is THAT!!!! I'm lucky to have such wonderful families that would forsake the die-hard rules of Christmas present giving and let me get my present a full month in advance!

7 Responses to “Surprise! Surprise!”

  1. # Blogger Spencer

    Congrats man. I'm going to be there on launch night w/ Jason and crew as well.  

  2. # Blogger John Nelson

    Sweetness! As long as we all get one. How bad would it suck to have 10 guys there, and only a handful get one? It might take me a while to get over that...especially if I end up on the short end of the stick!

    (as you can tell, I'm still quite fearful of the low stock theory)

    See ya' Monday night!  

  3. # Blogger John Nelson

    I'm not 100% sure where we'll be waiting in line. Probably the Springdale Supercenter. But we may also split up to hit different stores.

    Call my cell Monday night and we'll chat. I haven't heard from ya' since you left for college.  

  4. # Blogger MCF

    COOL! What games are you going to get? So far I've only played that WWII demo and King Kong. Kong's a little dark and hard to navigate in first person playing as the human, but the military game is amazingly sharp. These games are really starting to look real!  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Well I guess waiting 4:15 till midnight was all worth it.


    Blake  

  6. # Blogger MCF

    I went to Best Buy this past Tuesday for other things on my lunch break, and the XBox section looked like it'd been ravaged by locusts. A buddy of mine had planned to camp out the night before but when he saw the crowd, coupled with the freezing rain, he decided to go home to his wife and a warm fireplace instead. Pretty messed up of Microsoft to short-ship like that. A friend of mine saw a guy walk into an EB with his pre-order slip only to find they didn't have any left, and didn't know when more would be in. It's crazy.

    Hey, Happy Thanksgiving!  

  7. # Blogger Cameron

    We played Ubben's 360 pretty much all Christmas break, and I'm not gonna lie--it was a blast. NBA 2k6 is where its at.

    Oh, and Call of Duty is good, too. Mmmm.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.