The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Ok, I've been a pretty bad blogger lately. I've been reading everyone else's, and have plenty of content to blog about, but just haven't sat down and done it. Procrastination...it's a my lifestyle.

Thanksgiving
This year, Allison and I got to have Thanksgiving at our house. We recently got dining room furniture, so we were overly excited, too. Allison's parents came up from Little Rock and my Mom's mom from Fayetteville came and ate Thanksgiving lunch with us. It was really fun, and nice to not travel for the holidays. The food was great, and the conversation is always interesting when Granny Dill is around. All in all, a very great day.

Day After Thanksgiving
I put up Christmas lights on the house. This is the first Christmas in our new house, so I wasn't sure how decked out the neighbors would be. I felt like I would be at least in the running for most lights. Man...I was wrong! I should have learned from Halloween that our neighbors go ALL out...and by all out, I mean 40/29 came to film the houses to use on the air. So, my house looks super classy in comparison, which is fine with me. I just happen to live next to 4 Grizwolds.

We have a family ritual every year on the day after Thanksgiving. Usually, we go with my sister's family to the Fayetteville Square to eat at Tiny Tim's Pizza and see the lights. However, Amy & Sam were in Colorado during this time. Sam was speaking at a family camp all week, and the fam went with him. So, in lieu of the Hannon's, we went with Allison's parents, her sister, and her sister's new husband. We had a great time! Very cold outside, but still good. Emma REALLY liked the lights this year and was just pointing at everything. We missed the Hannon's, but the Shells were pretty fun, too.

Saturday After Thanksgiving
We celebrated Emma's 2 Year birthday with just my parents, Allison's parents, and her sister. It was really fun. Emma scored a lot of Dora stuff (she's a HUGE fan), and a Cozy Coupe car with a stand alone gas pump. She spends a ridiculous amount of time in that car now. She even takes her snacks and eats them in the car! Her Dora doll dances and sings, so she's been dancing around the living room with Dora ringing in our ears. It's cute.

Last Weekend

This past weekend, we went to Branson with our friends Aaron & Allyn Elleman (say THAT 3 times really fast...it's almost impossible). 3 Kids and 4 adults...it was a lively weekend! Friday night, we got to the condo and put the kids to bed, then the adults played a TV Show board game, at which Allison and I got totally destroyed. Probably because Aaron is 5 years older than everyone else. The dude grew up watching the old stuff. We all had to catch it on Nick at Nite reruns when we were 4. The next day, we went to shop a bit and the ludicrously crowded outlet malls. Around the kids' naptime, Aaron and I took the kids back to the condo to sleep while the girls kept shopping. Aaron and I sat on the couches and watched football. After naptime, we loaded the kids up and went to Silver Dollar City to see their Christmas lights. over 350 miles worth of lights...it's really cool. We rode the big Christmas Train, which the kids loved...especially Emma who has an unhealthy fascination with Trains. You ride the train around and sing Christmas Carols while song-specific lights appear along the hillside (example: Frosty the Snowman song has snowmen lit up on the hillside). Then, the train stops at "Grandpa's" house. A guy sitting in the freezing cold all night begins telling the Christmas Story (with accompanying light displays, of course). It's really neat, and Emma was even pretty quite during the whole thing. Sunday, we just ate breakfast, packed up and headed out of town. A very fun weekend getaway.

This Past Monday
Since my sister and her family were out of town during all of Emma's birthday celebrations, they had us over for a Birthday dinner.

This Coming Weekend
Friday night: Nestle Christmas party @ The Plaza restaraunt
Saturday afternoon: Blog Party!!! Come join the fun!
Saturday evening: The Chronicles of Narnia movie with Josh & Margo...I'm stoked.

Whew! All caught up!

0 Responses to “The Catch-Up Post”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.