The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


This past weekend was pretty exhausting (especially for someone as out-of-shape as myself!).

Friday Evening
Helped Josh & Margo move into their new house, which happens to be about 10 miles from the dead center of nowhere. Seriously. It's about 7 miles from Devil's Den. Surprisingly enough, they have DSL internet capabilities out there. I'm impressed. Their place is really awesome...log cabin-ish on 10 square acres. This is their dream place, so I'm really happy for them. So happy, that I lost 6 pounds from sweating in 100 degree heat to move their stuff.

Saturday
I woke up with a mission: paint the nursery. It didn't take as long as I thought it would, and the room is finally painted. Allison taped and did some touch up on the baseboards. The room is a warm green, with white furniture...it's really cute! I'm also really glad to have that project out of the way. It's rare that I ever get a hankering to paint, so it worked out nicely.

Saturday Evening
Our friends Aaron & Allyn Elleman are out town (Vegas, baby!) and Allyn's parents are watching their 2 kids. Carley, the youngest, has some virus and hasn't slept much the past two days. Neither have the grandparents. So Allison and I picked up Davis (the older one) and took Emma & Davis to the athletic club pool for a while. Afterwards, I holed up in the office to hammer out the details of my FCM talk for the next morning. I went to bed around 1:30 AM.

Sunday
I went up to work to print some things out for my talk, and practiced my talk out loud as I was driving and in the conference room of my office, practicing with the presentation portion. My head was totally swimming all day and I'm not sure why. I was having an extremely difficult time thinking straight, which isn't ideal right before a talk in front of 50 kids. Anyway, I did my talk. I thought it was horrible, but the feedback I got was that it went well. If they are lying, then it's a sin and it's between them and God. I'll take the lie proudly.

Sunday Afternoon
Allison went to a baby shower for Martha Ayres and then to the grocery store. I put Emma down for a nap and played a couple of hours of Xbox. Then I put together a new bookcase for Emma's room (baby #2 gets Emma's existing bookcase). Then we loaded up and headed back to Josh & Margo's house to hang out and eat dinner. Hot dogs, chips, Mtn. Dew and apple pie...it was perfect! We watched Josh fish a little on their stocked pond, but didn't catch anything. Then a couple rounds of Boggle finished off our visit.



All in all, it was an extremely productive weekend. Exhausting, but productive.

1 Responses to “Weekend Recap: Baby Preparations”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Thank you so much for all of your hard work this weekend. You are greatly appreciated!!
    Allison, Emma and "Baby Girl"  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.