The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Tonight, I got to spend a little creative quality time with Emma before her bath. She crawled up into the bed and wanted to pretend to sleep. I got under the covers with her and started snoring. She laughed, then I dove fully underneath the covers. She dove under after me. I held the covers up like a tent so we could see each other. Her eyes got really big...then whispered "crabs coming, daddy!". (her cousins we're staying with have pet crabs that they brought with them to the beach, so crabs are on her brain) I ran my hands all around the sheets like they were crabs, then tickled her a lot. We did this for about 10 minutes before Allison came to get her for her bath. We "hid" from her under the covers. Her eyes were SO big in anticipation for mommy finding us. And she laughed a huge laugh when Allison tore the covers back and yelled "found you!".

It was only 10 minutes under the covers...but what a wonderful memory. I started thinking how fun it was to be a kid hiding in a blanket fort, or under the sheets. And I thought how fun it was to have a puppy under the covers, desperately trying to shake the covers off and escape. And I thought how fun it is to be under the covers with the woman you love (no...I don't mean it like THAT)...laying under the covers laughing, talking, dreaming. So many great things happen under the sheets...I hope you all get a chance soon to hang out with someone you love there.

1 Responses to “Under the Sheets”

  1. # Blogger Shelli

    sweet sweet emma. She's so darn cute.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.