The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Emma has been really fun to interact with for the past 2 or so months. She's really getting that Nelson personality (scary, but cute in a girl form). She's yelling constantly (her form of talking...us Nelson's have loud voices), walking all over the place, and communicating much better (she can at least point at what she wants now...then yells in case we don't see her pointing).

My favorite thing to do as of late is simply lay on the floor while she's playing with a toy. She'll turn around, smile, then come to me as fast as she can and begin climbing all over me! She'll climb up onto my stomach and just sit there smiling and laughing at me. It's so super fun, words can't describe it! It's nice being a human jungle gym. It's also nice that she feels like I'm fun to hang out with.

The longer I am a parent, the more I realize each day how similar it is to our relationship with God. He longs for us to crawl up on His lap and hang out with Him...to have us cuddle with Him when we're tired and let Him support our weary bodies. It humbles me to think that God has put me in a role that resembles His relationship with me. The unconditional love God has for us isn't that hard to understand when you look into the smiling, tired, or sad eyes of your child.

1 Responses to “The Human Jungle Gym”

  1. # Blogger Brett

    My girls and I have this same sort of ritual every night after dinner. One of my girls will look at me with a sly smile and say "wrestle".

    THEN IT IS ON.

    They love it.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.