The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Since college, I have had a fascination with dress socks. But before I get into my plight, let's define the two "camps" on how dress socks should be worn:

Camp 1: An Extention of the Pants
This camp believes that socks should merely match the pants and be a continuation of the pant color.

Camp 2: An Outfit Combiner
This camp believes that socks should (or at least "are allowed to") bring the entire outfit to a closing. For instance, if the shirt is blue and the pants khaki, the socks could be an argile (or simpler) pattern of blue and khaki, thus tying the shirt / pant combination together nicely.

Now I fall into Camp 2, but realize most of the world falls into camp 1. Which thus creates a plight for my sock preferences. I have scoured the earth high and low for socks that meet my camp 2 needs: Gap, Dillards, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, Wal*Mart, Kohl's, Target, Van Huesen, Polo, and many, many others. In 9 years of searching, I have been 97.6% unsuccessful in finding socks that I care to wear, causing me to have a really rag-tag ensemble of holey, old-school socks.

However, my WONDERFUL wife recently gave me my Valentine's Day present: 6 new pairs of Camp 2-style socks! I was shocked and amazed at the price ($10/3 pair), and the fact that she even found some I like! I asked this amazing woman where on earth she found these socks.

Her reply: JC Penny! Of all the places! I never would have thought to go there! She actually said she had a hard time choosing the 2 sets to get me because they have such a great selection (which really whets my whistle).

Thanks to my absolutely incredible wife for making my dreams of 9 years finally come true! You're the best, Allison!

So if you're a Camp 2-er, hit up JC Penny for socks that will complete you.

7 Responses to “My Eternal Search for Socks”

  1. # Blogger Grant

    socks? you mean, we're supposed to wear socks???? Why didn't anybody tell me this!!!!  

  2. # Blogger John Nelson

    Youth pastors are exempt. Especially ones with goatees and earings. :)  

  3. # Blogger Grant

    whew...that was a close one. Are you ready for some carnage on Halo 2? Tomorrow night? 8ish? I think I can get a crew up, if you can?  

  4. # Blogger John Nelson

    I'm not sure about the posse. There are several on the clan list, but none of them play on Tuesday nights anymore. I'll see if I can round some folks up, but no promises.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Actually, the socks were originally $9/3 pairs and they were on sale for $6.33/3 pairs. A great deal either way considering one pair at Banana Repulbic was $8.50.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Well yeah I could of told you to check JCPenny with the sock's love them gold toe socks wonderful ah so soft.. Well I guess Allison was trying to tell you something about your feet John!!! LOL..  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Well heck I could of told you to go to JCPenny's ah love those Gold toe Sock's!! Hey John I think Allison was trying to tell you something about your feet LOL!!!!

    Blake  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.