The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I'm a techie. Not a very smart one, but I'm certainly a lover of gadgets. And I love home theater stuff! I love the feeling of emersing myself into the sights and sounds of a movie. I just watched Star Wars: The Phantom Menace last night just so I could hear the pod race scene and the cool surround sound effects it offers.

However, as much as I love all of this, I really hate setting up my own system. I love helping others pick out the systems and installing those, but for some freaky weird reason, I hate doing my own. Maybe it's because I have super high standards / expectations. Maybe it's because I complicate things beyond what they need to be.

But I just got a TV upgrade (42" widescreen from 27" 4:3) with super-duper, neat-o entertainment center (thanks the help on that, Miller), and I haven't finished setting it up yet. It's about 75% finished, but I have to mount the surround speakers and wire them through the walls. I also have to re-adjust all my levels. And through all of this, making sure the wife approves of the speaker location / asthetics of the system.

I needed to get that off my chest. I'm a freak, but I've actually been stressing about it since we moved. I want it finished so I can relax in the splendor of home theater entertainment (and Halo 2!), but I dread the setting up of it all. How sad is that????

0 Responses to “Technological Bliss / Hell”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.