The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I'm pretty much a 104.9 The X listener (and throw in some Hot Mix 101.9 for those hip-hop desires), so I don't listen to much country music anymore. I listened quite a bit in high school, only because we didn't have a decent "modern" station. And a bunch of the guys I hung out with were cowboys and rednecks, so country music is a bit of an old flame of mine.

But my wife listens to country music when she's not listening to children's music to entertain the Little Princess in the back seat. Tonight, we were driving home from the mall (we got some Chinese food from the food court there...I can only recommend their egg rolls), and were listening to the radio, and specifically KIX 103.9. All of a sudden, I got a rush like I haven't felt in a long time! "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" filled the car, and I was ready to start line dancing or getting into a bar fight!

What a fantastic song! I mean, with words like:
The devil bowed his head
Because he knew that he'd been beat,
And he laid that golden fiddle
On the ground at Johnny's feet
Johnny said, "Devil, just come on back
if you ever wanna try again.
I done told you once,
You son-of-a-bitch,
I'm the best that's ever been!"
I think the best thing about it is the fact that he calls the devil a son-of-a-bitch! How freaking awesome is THAT??!!

2 Responses to “Good 'Ol Country Music”

  1. # Blogger shauna

    Yeah, that's pretty awesome! And I'm not a country fan. However, I will meander my way into folkish stuff, a bit of bluegrass, and ohmygoodness can I really be admitting this!! I did hear a Keith Urban song recently, and liked it! Ohmygosh, if my husband finds out . . .  

  2. # Blogger Lafe

    I try to listen to 94.3 because they play classic country music. Many a hard day, you can find me driving my jeep with the top down blasting some Conway Twitty or some Waylon Jennings.

    Ain't nothin' wrong with some country music. Without it, the world would never get to hear Hank Jr.'s great poetry of...

    "My Grandpa taught me how to live off the land, and his taught him to be a bidness man. But he was killed by a man with a switchblad knife, for forty-three dollars my friend lost his life. I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dude's eye and shoot him with my ol .45 cause a country boy can survive."  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.