The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Here's a beautifully blurry pic of my Christmas lights. It doesn't look like much...but that will change next year! Thinking I would knock the neighbors' socks off didn't turn out quite as well as I thought it would. But, I DO win on classiest...the other neighbors' houses look like a cheap Santa's North Pole. Cute, but overdone in my opinion. Next year I'll hit up some roofline lights and we'll have changed the flowerbed situation so that will look different, too.

Please note the uber-cool Train decoration. About 15 years ago, my parents went to the Precious Moments Chapel in Cathage Missourri for their Christmas display. (thankfully, they're not INTO Precious Moment figurines...they were just in the area and stopped by). My Dad kept noticing all these great lit-up decorations and moved in for a closer look. He found that they used wire mesh, plastic tubing, and Christmas lights to create a giant Lite-Brite. He went home that day with a mission...to create his own Lite-Brite world right there in Mountain Home. A few weeks later (and tons of scrap material), we had a 5' tall toy soldier, a 5' tall snowman, a train (similar to what you see here), and a 9' "GLORY TO GOD'. Surprisingly enough, it was a lot less gaudy than you'd think. It worked. Now, my sister and I both have trains! You can't see it in the picture, but the wheels and the smoke on the train actually move. Since I am a man with no skills in any area, I am completely amazed by Dad's creation! Way to go, Dad!

Also pictured: our Christmas Tree and our Nativity.

1 Responses to “Christmas Lights”

  1. # Blogger shauna

    wow, you've blogged a LOT lately. i haven't been on a computer in five days!

    nice lights! good job! I agree . . . cheap, plastic north pole decor is so cheesy.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.