The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


The other night, Allison went to do some Christmas Shopping so Emma and I got to hang out for a while at the house. My only instructions were "no TV...she's watched a ton today". So much for vegging out to Dora for 2 hours. Time for some creative "first timer" stuff!

So I built Emma her first fort! I put it over by the fireplace with the Christmas lights on the mantel and the stockings. Then, I turned off all the lights (except the Christmas lights) and threw down some blankets and pillows underneath. I grabbed the flashlight and some books, and we entered her very first fort! We tried reading some books, but she was extremely intrigued with the "shashyight". I showed her how to put her hand over the light and turn your hand into ET's glowing finger. We also put it in our mouths so our cheeks would light up! She kept trying to put it against her eyeball, but I repeatedly told her that's not a good idea and that she'd go blind if she kept it up (yeah...such a parental thing to say). We laid there for about 45 minutes simply playing with the flashlight. Belle joined us a few times, but kept getting frustrated with Emma's constant shining of the light into her eyes and attempts to stick it in her mouth.

I have such great memories of building forts growing up and letting my imagination run wild. As my Mom & Dad built forts for me and gave me such wonderful memories, I'm super glad I get to do the same for Emma!

0 Responses to “Emma's First Fort”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.