The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I was driving home today, listening to random songs on my iPod, when Digital Underground's "The Humpty Dance" came on. Of course, I had to crank it up, despite being a whitey! That bass groove is just incredible!

Everytime I hear that song, it reminds me of a story. When I was in 8th grade, our church went on a week-long retreat to Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma. For me, it was a trip that could easily be made into a movie. Flirting with a girl who wasn't interested. Then flirting with a girl who was interested until I accidentally yanked off her bikini top in the lake after dunking her (in front of everyone...), the first girl giving me a laxative-laced gum that did its job quite nicely, and lots of other relational problems most 13 year olds encounter at church camp. In my rebellion to a week of living hell, I went to a local music store and bought Digital Underground's "Sex Packets" tape (yeah...tape). My sister was on the trip (she's 3 1/2 years older than me), and found out I bought the tape. She was FURIOUS with me and made me feel quite guilty for buying it (which I should have been...but wasn't really). So, in my overdramatic ways, instead of just throwing the tape away, I got a lighter and performed a spiritual sacrifice ceremony on the sidewalk. That's right...I burned it. Right in front of the whole youth group (who by this point all hated me after that week).

And I wonder why people think I'm weird!

0 Responses to “The Humpty Dance”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.