The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


The weekend before last, we traveled to Dallas to visit some of Allison's old-school friends from high school and college. We got to McAllister, OK and stopped at McDonald's to let Emma run around and burn off some of her 2-year-old energy that had been strapped down for 2 1/2 hours. There, Emma got to play on the indoor playground, while Allison and I were entertained / frightened by the inbred family birthday party. If only I had brought my camera in! We finally got to Dallas and went to Nathan & Melissa Darby's house. Allison and Nathan were best friends in high school. He's super cool and so is Melissa. Their daughter Alexis just turned 1 recently, so she and Emma had a good time hanging out together while the adults hung out. We all ate dinner at a local Mexican restaraunt (forgot the name, but they had great 'ritas!). After the kids went to bed, the four adults sat around and talked for a while. We were honored with a 30 mintue dissertation on Louis XIII Cognac by Nathan. I got to sniff the crystal bottle he acquired recently...and I'm still not brandy person. The girls went to bed, so Nathan and I fired up some Halo 2...until about 3:00 AM.

The next morning, Nathan and I headed to Frye's Electronics (think Disneyworld for tech nerds). We got home and packed up our stuff to go shopping. After picking up some great lunch at a hole-in-the-wall burger joint, we headed to Chris & Sydney's house so Emma could take a nap. Allison and Sydney roomed together at Baylor while Allison was there. Chris and I seemed to hit it off. I mentioned video games, and he was a gamer and gadgets guy, too. Either that, or he's the most accomodating person I've ever met. While the girls sat on the couch at talked, Chris and I played some serious N64 Mario Kart. Emma and thier daughter Ryley took good naps, so the adults got to hang out for a while...meaning I lost LOTS of races to Chris at Mario Kart. We packed up the kids and took them Sydney's parent's house. They offered to babysit Ryley and Emma while we all went to eat that night, which was really great! We stopped to pick up some wine before heading to Moni's Italian restaraunt (it's a BYOB place). We met Holly (Allison & Sydney's other roommate at Baylor) and her should-be-her-fiance-but-isn't-yet-and-no-one-knows-why-boyfriend, Doug. Doug majored in English...at Mississippi (odd place to learn English!). At Moni's, I was introduced to my 3rd favorite appetizer: gigantic rolls and bowls of Alfredo sauce. Simple...and incredible! The guys sat on one end and drank ourselves silly...or 3 sheets to wind, to be exact. We crashed at Holly's place that night and got up to eat breakfast with the whole group again the next morning. It's a great picture of the group, minus Emma doing her best retarded move. Afterwards, we drove back home to God's Country (aka NWA). Going into the weekend, I was a bit nervous meeting all these new folks (which is weird, since I'm pretty extroverted). Everyone I met was phenomonal and really fun!

Sorry that was such a long post. I even left out the fact that we went to IKEA and that it poured all day Saturday and Sunday. Oh wait...maybe I didn't leave that part out. Nevermind.

0 Responses to “Dallas”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.