The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I've been crazy busy at work, life, family, and yard work, so I apologize for not posting much lately. (as if you were actually getting frustrated that I wasn't posting something about my life)
Here's the skinny on my recent life events:
  • Yard Work: redoing the front landscaping...well, Josh Hale is doing it, really. I've helped out some. But since I never do landscaping, I consider my part busy and difficult. And seriously, I can't believe it's time to start mowing again. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet.
  • Computer Work: it's like there was a friend-wide computer breaking outbreak recently. I've made at least 20 phone calls to fix computers, and about 4 house visits.
  • Kid #2 (the official name) Preparations: lots of housing prep being done for Kid #2. I picked up a fold out couch from my parents house a couple of weekends ago for the office/spare bedroom. Our current spare bed will become Emma' official "big girl" bed, and then we'll move all of Emma's crib and baby stuff into the ex-spare bedroom / Kid #2's room. Allison's doing great, and looks fantastic. I love my wife pregnant, though this is the last time I want to see her pregnant. :)
  • Mountain Biking: I got a mountain bike recently from my friend Todd. I had it maintenanced and took a few outings on it to get myself into "real" riding shape. After 2 outings that were easy but killed me, I stupidly decided it was time to do the Lake Fayetteville Loop. I survived, but my butt and legs didn't like me very much the following 2 days.
  • Family: with all the other things going on, it seems like I haven't spent a ton of time with Allison and Emma. However, I have had some great quality time with Emma playing in the back yard and putting her down for bed. She's continually cracking me up with things she says and does. We even took her to see her first movie at the theater (Ice Age 2)...and she did great! It was very enjoyable, though she ate a TON of popcorn and candy. But she stayed in her seat the entire time! Impressive attention span for a 2.35 year old!

3 Responses to “An Update”

  1. # Blogger Spencer

    yeah... I decided I wasn't going to be riding my bike anymore after the Lake Fayetteville loop.  

  2. # Blogger Nate's Nonsense

    1. I'm glad to hear Emma does well in a movie because Grant didn't.
    2. Thanks for calling me back when I called with a computer question.
    3. Pregnant wives are sexy!
    4. You should know your body better than to put it through that torture, but congrats on finishing.  

  3. # Blogger Nate's Nonsense

    I forgot to add to one last thing:
    "I love John Nelson."  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.