The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Ok, I'm the "tech guy" at the office. I'm the SNL guy who gets onto people for streaming internet radio during work (which slows everyone else down), who scoffs at people when they can't figure something simple out (it's called File > Save AS), and who repeatedly yells at people when they come whimpering to me that they lose a bunch of work becase they didn't take 1/2 second to hit the Ctrl+S button and save their freaking work. Now, I've also scoffed and laughed at people who have very fragmented disk drives. Granted, most computer users never think to defrag their hard drive, let alone on a regular basis to keep things running smoothly and quickly on their PCs, so I cut them a little slack in this department.

So what happens when MY computer is running slowly? I reboot first. Reboots fix most things. Then I check fragmentation of my hard drive. Today, my computer was CREEPING along. I rebooted. Same thing. I then go to my Disk Defragmentor and analyze my hard drive's fragmentation...and find a TON of red! Holy smokes!!! I've never even seen that much red before, let alone on MY computer! What the heck? So, I'm defragging at the moment, while simultaneously scoffing, scolding, and laughing at myself. It's certainly a case of Plank in the Eye.

0 Responses to “Fragged”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.