The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Not many of you who read my blog are familiar with the Casa Verde. The CV is the house I lived in for a couple of years while in (and out of) college. For the most part, it housed the main student leaders on Student Mobilization on the Fayetteville campus. I have too many incredible memories from that time in my life to even capture it in a blog, but I'll list some of my favorites:

  • During my stay there, it was the first time I've ever read through the entire Bible, front to back, straight through.
  • I met the men that had the most influence on me spiritually. I am only where I am today because of them.
  • I was beaten regularly with a giant zucchini by a 6'5" bearded lumberjack genius.
  • Once, a few of us turned off the lights and danced to some stupid techno song. When the lights came on (mid-way through the song), I was caught with my pants down. Literally. I was slapping my bare cheeks to the rhythm of the song. Quite em-bare-assing (haha).
  • I asked Allison out on our first date from my room at the Casa
  • After my first kiss with Allison (several months after we began dating), I came home to Elton at the Casa, who immediately knew I had kissed her. His comment: "You kissed her, didn't you? You're beaming, and it's disgusting."
  • Finding an 8" mushroom growing through the bathroom floor behind the toilet.
  • Chess by candlelight with Ben Elkins and Harold Simmons
  • Playing guitar with all my roommates and friends
  • My first room at the Casa: the Pain Cave.
  • My first night at the Casa: 4 very naked men jumping on me while in bed just after I turned off the lights.
  • Scalding hot baths in a clawfoot tub
  • Sleeping with a meat cleaver beside my bed so I could defend myself from Craig Sharp when he would come lay on top of me (I was under the covers) after taking a shower in the mornings...usually naked or wearing just his towel. Very disturbing.
  • Alabanza's & Annual 5Ks with Yoohoo.
  • Snack Time: Elton's sister would make us incredible & elaborate snacks on Tuesday's (I believe). We would gather around the living room and thank God for her.
Now that I'm reliving some of these moments, I realize there was a lot of male nudity happening at that place. It's kind of disturbing. Regardless, my time at the Casa Verde was life changing. I would not be the man I am today without that group of men and brothers in Christ surrounding me with love and encouragement.

I bring all of this up for 1 reason: Elton has created a website for all former Casa Verde-ites! I'ts been great so far to chat with roommates and friends who are overseas / far away and haven't spoken to in quite some time! I present to you, The Casa Verde Lounge!

1 Responses to “The Casa Verde”

  1. # Blogger shauna

    "em-bare-assing" . . . HA HA HA HA!!!!

    mushroom growing in the bathroom . . . barf. i nearly threw up my breakfast.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.