The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Man, I sure haven't posted in a while! It's been somewhat busy lately, but not so busy that I couldn't blog. My priorities have been realigned, and I'm back to blogging! I know you're thankful and joyful...you can thank me later.

First and Foremost: American Idol and LOST Finales are this Wednesday!!! Holy Sardines what am I going to do on Wednesday's without these shows??? Anyway, I sent an Evite to most people I have email addresses for, but I don't have a lot of YOUR addresses. So, without further adieu, I formally invite you to our house Wednesday night to celebrate American Idol and LOST. Festivities will begin around 6:30 with grilling out / eating. American Idol Finale begins at 7:00, ends at 9:00. LOST Finale begins at 9:15 and ends around 10: 45. Yeah, it's a late night, but these 2 shows are SOOOO worth staying up late for! So come if you can! Click here for directions to our house!

In other news, some of the things keeping us busy have been wonderful things! First, my favorite summer family activity has been set in motion! The Sno Cone place in Johnson has re-opened for the season! So, the family has re-established our "Sno Cones & Park" activities. This is where we go get Sno Cones, then eat them and play at Johnson Park as the evening cools off. It's so dang fun! I recommend the Tiger's Blood cone...it's tastey! One of the "traditions" Emma and I have when eating Sno Cones is to stick out our tongues and go "AAAHHHH" to show off the color of our tongue after eating a Sno Cone. The picture is a self-portrait...sorry about my horrible teeth...just try to focus on my cute daughter.

Our good friend Elizabeth Morris (Hale) got married today (Saturday). I will finally get some sleep now that she's hitched since Allison frequently asked me (usually while I'm trying to sleep) who we could set her up with. Congrats to Micah & Elizabeth...it's such a God-graced union...they're perfect for each other! The picture is from their reception after the wedding.

Tonight, Josh Ayres celebrated his 28th birthday at his house and with a ton of friends there. It's always so fun to see friends and hang out and eat together. Here, Todd is staring me down as I snap a picture of about half the attendees. The kiddos played in the Elmo sprinkler, the girls chatted indoors, and the guys hung out in the backyard playing Cornhole (which I got thoroughly whipped at).

Also, TV has been keeping me pretty tied up at the house. Alias is ending for good. American Idol's Finale is on Wednesday. LOST's finale is Wednesday. 24 finale is Monday. Those are all 2 hour finales...so I've got like 8 hours of incredible TV to watch this week! So exciting! As always, you can catch up on American Idol on the TV Addicts blog!

0 Responses to “An Invitation & Life Updates”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.