The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Ok, so I've been asked to spead at Fellowship Student Ministries this coming Sunday. They're beginning a series based on the Great Commandment: Love God with your Head, Heart, & Hands. I'm talking about loving God with your Head. The jist of of the talk is about knowing what you believe and why you believe it, and how knowing doctrine and what God is like gives God glory and shows Him love. It should be interesting...we'll see how it goes.

I'm pretty stinking nervous, though. I usually have no problem with the "spotlight". But there are going to be like 300 kids there (over 2 services), and that's pretty freaky to me. I'm such a pacer when I'm nervous, too. I don't think there will be enough room for me to get my full pace on. I wonder if I can rope off a "pacing" section for me to use...

And I'm already sweating just thinking about talking! I need to remember not to wear a shirt that shows the massive pitting that'll be going on. Of course, they're used to seeing MurDog's profuse pitting, so that makes me feel better.

I'll give a follow up critique of the talk later.

0 Responses to “Student Ministries Talk”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.