The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


We have several friends who have DVRs. Allison and I sit in awe of the capabilities and freedom that DVRs offer. So, we switched!! (happy birthday to us!). The crazy cool thing about all of this: we're getting a crap load more stuff for like $4 more per month! And all this thanks to SBC Bundles! There's a commercial on the radio about comparing what you're spending on Phone, Cell phone, TV, and internet, then comparing that what you would spend if you had all SBC products. It truly is amazing! I'll throw out some random numbers to show you what I'm talking about.

Previously SBC Bundled
TV = $40 (basic extended cable)
Internet $40 (cox high speed)
Land line $50 (SBC All Distance)
Cell phone $80 (Cingular fam plan)
Total Costs = $210 / month

TV = $35 (DISH 60 channels + locals, DVR service!!)
Internet = $27 (DSL Pro Package)
Same land line plan (already on SBC)
Same cell plan + $3 discount (already on Cingular, though Sprint's call are MUCH clearer)
Total Costs = $189 / month

Now I have to admit...I find it INSANE that I'm spending that much money for all that junk. However, if I'm going to be spending money on it already, I might as well spend $20 less per month. And in my perception, I'm getting so much more, mainly in the digital satellite and TiVo services.

Wow...looking over this post, it sure looks like a shameless plug, doesn't it? But man, this is like the Gospel for media junkies!! You just gotta tell others!!

0 Responses to “Technological Bliss!!!”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.