The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I'm a fan of American Idol, and Shauna started the whole "Who do you like in AI?" thing. So, for ease of browsing, I created a post for:

1) Are you a fan of American Idol, and
2) If so, who are you pulling for?


I'll start: I love the show and got hooked on Season 2 (when Ruben / Clay won the title). Last season was OK for me, and this season has changed up a bit, and the talent seems to be fairly diverse. So I'm digging it full-force this season.

If you know me, I'm absolutely HORRIBLE with remembering names (even those I've known for years...which, I guess, just makes me an idiot). Therefore, I can't tell you many of the names of the contestants. However, thanks to hyperlinking and the wonderful world-wide-web (the WWWW), I can know these peoples' names!

Here are my favoritie guy and girl:

Guy: Anthony Federov. This is the kid who overcame a disease in his infancy and thought would never be able to speak, let alone sing. He reminds me a LOT of Clay Aiken, who I like...so I'm pulling for him.

Other notables: Contstantine (cool guy, cool personality, decent voice), Scott Savol (really great voice, no where close to "the look").

Girl: I really don't remember the girls' talent very well. However, the little cheerleader girl, Mikalah, has so much personality that she's just really fun to watch perform.

That's it for me. "Nelson, Out"

4 Responses to “American Idol”

  1. # Blogger shauna

    I like Constantine as well . . . plus he's got a cool name . . . of course that's so trivial. I also really like Carrie Underwood, which is odd because I'm not a country fan. But I think she's got everything it takes to make it.  

  2. # Blogger John Nelson

    I forgot about Carrie...I like her, too. She's an Okie, but I won't hold that against her. She has a fantastic voice and is pretty cute. She could possibly be in it a long time.  

  3. # Blogger Virginia

    My favorites were Anwar Robinson for the guys, and Vonzell Solomon for the girls. I thought she had a great voice. I also really liked Carrie Underwood too..she is very down-to-earth.

    oh...and Nelson...it's okay that you snubbed me at the Mexico meeting...i won't take it personally, or laugh at you in public. ;)  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I can't believe John didn't mention that he likes Anwar. He LOVED him on Monday night.
    After watching the girls tonight I love Carrie!! And all the American Idols have been from the south so I'm rooting for another Southern winner. Even if she is from Okie.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.