The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


We signed an offer tonight to sell our house! We put our For Sale By Owner sign up 10 days ago and had an open house last weekend and this weekend. We had about 20 people last weekend come by (we did it Sat & Sun afternoon). This weekend, we had about 4 of those 20 come by for a second look.

But the guy & gal buying it (hopefully, at least), stopped by this afternoon and loved it. The guy came back about 2 hours later to look again and talk numbers. He offered us a number, but we negotiated to a middle of the road agreement on price. He came back this evening and signed the contract! YEA!!!

Now comes the funny part (I, at least, find it humorous!). I asked this guy where he works. He said Unilever. I know a few people who work in that office, and he knew them too. He mentioned that he'd only been there for a few months. I asked him what position he had there and over what product group he was working on. He said he was a sales analyst for their Jiffy peanut butter (and some other products, too). I looked at him and said "The price just went up 10% on the house! He looked at me kind of strange, then I told him that I was the "other" guy he beat out for that position at Unilver! He laughed, and I told him I was kidding about the 10% increase. Funny, though...the guy that beat me out of a job is now buying my house!

Anyway, if you want to send expensive gifts my way for house-warming gifts, Allison and I are open for them...please include a gift receipt, in case the stuff you pick out is ugly. :)

0 Responses to “SOLD!!!!”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.