The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I'm polishing off the last bit of packing for the Mission to Mexico trip with Fellowship Student Ministries! We leave at 3:30 this morning (Friday morning) and arrive in the Chihuahua, Mexico sometime later (I should really read the itinerary, especially since I'm a freaking leader).

I am quite possibly the WORST trip-packer of all time (at least, the worst that I've ever met). I get the suitcase jammed with all my clothes, first aid stuff, tools, and underwear (this is the part I usually forget to bring along). I double-check my packing list and missed about 15% of the things I needed to bring (like a belt, work gloves, and my Zyrtec.) So I had to find room for those (read: I pushed down REALLY hard to fit everything else in) in the suitcase.

We'll be helping local Christian (Protestant) church groups build churches and other projects while we're there. Kinda like Habitat for Humanity, but focusing on building places of worship. I'm a little nervous about living in the host family's house, mainly because I speak as much Spannish as mute folks sing opera (meaning nada...oh wait, maybe I know 1 word). If you've got some free space in your prayer journal / quiet time, I'd appreciate some prayer in communicating with my host family.

I'll be away from the blog for a week (an involuntary fast), which will be hard for me. And no computer, probably, which may be harder. My fingers get itchy to touch the keyboard/mouse. I guess a hammer and a band aid will have to do instead.

I'll give a follow-up when I get back. Hopefully, if I can find a cyber-cafe (are they still even called that?) down there, I'll give a mid-week update, too.

Any prayer is appreciated! I'm just excited to worship with other believers in Christ and get a better understanding of God's global church body.

3 Responses to “Mission to Mexico (the Beginning)”

  1. # Blogger shauna

    what part of Chihuahua?? the city? i've been there twice. do you know what church you might attend? heard of Amistad Christiana(sp?)? I have spent a lot of time there. hope you have(are having) a good trip.  

  2. # Blogger Grant

    Man, you make me laugh! Godspeed to you.

    I'm off for Brazil next week and feel exactly the same way.

    praying for you, bro!  

  3. # Blogger shauna

    random random comment . . . i was noticing other links on your blog, and i saw "Wayne aka Dilbert". it's funny because a friend of mine was dating a guy named Delbert (close enough) and is now dating my brother Wayne . . . random thought . . .  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.