The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Well, of the 2 fish we started with, we are now down to 1 fish (and yes, I used the same photo but photoshopped the dead fish out). In less than a week, I have managed to kill 50% of my fish, even with cleaning the tank 3 times.

And the outlook for fish #2 isn't looking so hot. I give him 10:1 odds to last until next Monday. But it's not for trying! I swear, I looked up so many things on the internet about caring for fish and it still didn't work. I mean, I'm only out $1.88 from Walmart, but I think Allison got attached to the fish, even in such a short time. In fact, she called me at work today to pronounce Buggy dead at 11:52 AM. Thankfully, Emma saw the fish floating at the top, and just pointed and said "fiss!!". Dodged a bullet this time!

Anyway, pray for Fish #2, lovingly named "Fish"...he seem sad and possibly injured. Right now, he frantically swims to the top, then floats down to the rocks and just bumps against them...then lays there, then repeat. I'm no marine biologist, but that can't be normal.

8 Responses to “And then there was one...”

  1. # Blogger Grant

    just save the effort and flush him tonight.

    there is no way he lasts the week, let alone to Monday.

    then again - i'm no marine biologists either...  

  2. # Blogger Jason

    poor fishy. Their life spans just aren't that long.. and I know.. I'm a marine biologist.  

  3. # Blogger John Nelson

    Had I known you were a marine biologist, I would have consulted with you!

    And Fish isn't looking so hot today...some kind of gunk growing on his fins and scales. Is that bad?? Marine Biologist Miller?  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Well, just wanted to commented and announce to the world that "Fish" is dead. I think it happened around 1:00 pm today.
    Allison  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Comment, not commented. Sorry
    Allison  

  6. # Blogger John Nelson

    Well that's just FREAKING GREAT! Look at me!!!! I kill fish! I'm a bad parent! Stupid fish.


    And what's up with announcing the time's of their death?? It seems my house operates a lot like CSI.  

  7. # Blogger jlo

    You need to spend the $0.10 on a hardy Gold Fish at Wal-Mart. You can't kill these things....very easily.

    I had some "jump out" of the tank I was holding them in while I cleaned my fish pond. Ants got on them. The were dry somewhat. I put them back in the H2O and low and behold, they started swimming again after a while.

    I feed mine dog food and they are starting to get pretty big...only problem is they chase the cats now.  

  8. # Blogger Wayne

    I'm not a marine biologist, nor do I play one on TV...however, I have slept in a Holiday Inn express before, so I can tell you that gunk on fins is a sure sign of a dying fish.

    Sushi anyone?  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.