The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Warning: this post is about a rather "smelly" subject matter...stopping up a toilet. I will be as tactful as possible, though the subject leaves little wiggle room for pleasantries. All in all, it's a good story based on a humiliating circumstance.


By now you know that I stopped up a toilet. At home. Now I've always been able to use a plunger to get the toilet working again...until this time. After 30 minutes of plunging and flushing, I was at a loss. I waited overnight to see if the water would subside, but it didn't. So the next evening, I called my "he knows how to do everything" guy, Lafe. He was at Steak n' Shake with his friend Justin, and told me I needed an auger (whatever THAT is), and to meet him at Steak n' Shake. I met him and the 3 of us jumped in his jeep to go get an auger. It was 9:30 PM, so Home Depot and Lowe's were closed already. We walked into Walmart to see if they had one, which they did (thankfully).

We drove back to get my car at Steak n' Shake, and I told them thanks. I was unsure whether or not to invite them to the house to see the "project" through completion, so I just threw out the offer to come over...which they accepted.

We get to the house and the 3 of us pile into the small bathroom to see what the auger can do. This thing is simple in concept...and also horribly vile. It's basically a long flexible rod with a drill on the working end, and a hand crank on the other. You put it into the toilet, push the rod in until you feel "resistance", then start drilling a hole through the culprit who is blocking the pipe. I have to say...reading it and saying it are gross. DRILLING is a whole 'nother ballgame. Being guys, we laughed and cringed and loved it. After a few successful drills, the water receeded and all was well in the bathroom. And we laughed really hard.

1 Responses to “Clogged Up”

  1. # Blogger Nate's Nonsense

    This is by far the best blog I have ever read. I laughed out loud envisioning the three of you standing in your bathroom with the auger. I too have had my troubles with toilets. I'm not a fan of the econoflush toilets that don't have some power. I have started using the multi-flush method to help keep the toilet from clogging. I have even clogged your toilet before. Great story!  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.