The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Our friend Allyn Elleman celebrated her 29th birthday party Friday night. A large group of us (pretty much the same group from the Gingerbread House Party), met to eat at Mermaids in Fayetteville. We hung out for a long time and ate. Then she opened gifts and we all had some cake. At the end of the dinner, someone came up with the idea of going to the Electric Cowboy to dance. Since Aaron and Allyn rode with me and Allison to the restaraunt, we were apparently going to the club, too. Now I'm not exactly the clubbin type. I play golf and xbox and work on computers. And most of us (mid-20's to mid 30's) weren't dressed for going out...we were a bit preppy. But thankfully I had my can of Copenhagen, so I fit in just a little bit. I also hadn't been to a club since I was 16, and I was in Stuttgart, Germany with 30 other 16 year old Americans. That's a whole other story. For the most part, the guys stayed together off the dance floor while most of the girls shook their groove things on the floor with a bunch of cowgirls (there's a pun there...). I'm the kind of guy who likes the spotlight...in most things. However, dancing ain't my thing, and I prefer to be a shadow on the wall at dance clubs. Allison did get me out there a couple of times for some slow songs, though. To prove my point that I can't dance, by the end of the first song, I still couldn't get the hang of a basic two step. The biggest reason for that is that Allison lead and lead off her right foot, my left foot. I am severaly left-side handicapped. I'm actually surprised my entire left hasn't shiveled up and died due to lack of usage. Anyway, I spent most of the time hanging out with the other guys (and the girls who were taking breaks). We came up with a theory, that I believe can immediately move to fact status: Girls can do anything on the dance floor and look good doing it. If a guy does the same moves on the dancefloor, he looks like a retard trying to hump a doorknob (Dodgeball quote). It's not very fair, but the theory at least gives guys like me good reason to not dance.

After inhaling all the smoke my poor eyes and lungs could take, we decided to leave. We got home, burned our clothes, took showers, and fell asleep. It was a really fun night. Allison and I both woke up with wicked headaches, that we are blaming on the smoke. Below are some pictures of the gang...no action shots, though. Just poses.




























1 Responses to “A Birthday Party to Remember”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm so sad Fin and I missed the Electric Cowboy! Looks likes ya'll had a good ol time.
    do you have any other pics from dinner??
    -brooke  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.