The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Today at lunch, I was sitting in my car at Memorial Park in Bentonville. I was parked over by the skate park and playground area, eating lunch and watching the kids play. I hear the revving of an engine and squeel of tires behind me. I look in the rearview mirror to see a little car go whizzing by, peeling out of the small parking lot we were in and onto the main street that wanders through the park. As I watch the car speed around a corner past several playgrounds where kids were playing, I thought to myself "I really want to hit that guy!". Being a parent brings out "parental" emotions in me. One of those is rage for stupid kids driving WAY too fast though a playground area. As I let my mind run through violent and verbally savvy scenario's I would have with the kid driving that car, I finished my lunch and settled on the nice thought that maybe a cop would pull him over and fine him a crazy amount of money (or arrest him for the engangerment of many people). As I left the park, I followed the same route the speeding car took earlier. The road rounds a corner and connects back to a main street. As I pull around the corner, much to my delight and sense of justice, a cop had his lights running with the speeding car parked in front. The officer was handing the kid a big fatty of a ticket.

I love sweet justice. There's still a part of me that wants the kid to get a 2nd job (or a first) to pay off the ticket.

2 Responses to “Sweet Justice”

  1. # Blogger Spencer

    When I first got a cell phone, I had a bad habit of calling the police on people who were driving crazy and staying on the line behind them until they were pulled over. Once I found a guy passed out in the drivers seat of his car with a beer between his legs, I called the cops on him too and waited across the street for the fuzz to show. Then I realized that I'd be in trouble if someone else was to judge me that harshly, but I still think about doing it all the time!  

  2. # Blogger John Nelson

    I've thought about doing that, too! Maybe it's just a rumor, but I heard you could call in someone's license plate and report wreckless driving. When that car gets pulled over the next time, it shows that they had complaints, and instead of getting a warning, they automatically get a ticket! It's probably just a rumor, but it's pleasant thought nonetheless!  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.