The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


At the office, my cubicle has a big double window to my right that looks out over a forested valley, with the trees coming up about 30 yards from my window. This morning, I walked into work and into my cubicle. As I looked out the window, I saw 3 does walking around just outside the tree line. Here's the picture I grabbed with my new digital camera (Canon SD550 ELPH). I don't know what it is about seeing deer outside your window in the mornings that really has a calming effect on me. They seem so peaceful. They don't worry about whether "the number" will come in or what reports need to be run. They don't store up for colder weather and try to get bigger spots of forest to live in. They eat what they are provided and share in community. Why are we so opposite of that?

Anyway, just wanted to share the peaceful start to my morning with everyone.

1 Responses to “Doe's Eat Place”

  1. # Blogger Wayne

    Nice -- I look out my window to the Northeast and see Catholic School for Boys -- not very calming -- not very exciting either (which is a good thing I don't get excited looking at that view). My window to the Northeast, however, gives me a nice view of Pinnacle Mtn -- too far to see any deer though. thanks for sharing.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.