The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Wow! So I was bored at work yesterday (there were only like 5 people in the office), so I checked out Monster.com and put together a "profile". I applied for about 10 different jobs just for kicks and giggles. I received 3 phone calls and 5 emails today telling me about job opportunities in the area. Of course, 90% of those were calls/emails for insurance sales or telemarketer jobs. But I did get a call for a position I really am interested in.

I have a few friends that work for Unilever in Rogers. They informed me that a Business Analyst position opened up and asked me if he could hand in my resume. I gave it to him to turn in. I also saw on Monster that Unilever had 2 other promising jobs posted, so I applied for them also! (overkill doesn't hurt sometimes) I received a call from Unilver today and set up an interview for next Tuesday at 9:00 AM! I'm pretty darn excited about the job and the opportunity to "mature" in my career. I haven't actually done hands-on business analysis as it pertains to Wal*Mart, but I've worked very closely with that job function for the past 3 years. Also, with my technological background and history of creating "analysis tools" for other analysts, I believe I can be a great benefit to them! (I just hope I can convince them of that!)

The other promising thing about this is that my two friends that work there now did not have any analyst history / training whatsoever, so the fact I've at least been around the job for 3 years could help a bit.

I'll give a follow up after Tuesday!

3 Responses to “Job Interview”

  1. # Blogger Jaime

    crazy exciting stuff, john. what about all the sweet nestle hook-ups? have fun on sunday!  

  2. # Blogger John Nelson

    Well, Unilever does Ben & Jerry's ice cream, so there's still some sweet hookups to be had and some weight to be gained. :)  

  3. # Blogger lauren

    thank you for your very sweet post on my site. choosing someone who is a christian hasn't always been at the top of my list. but it definitely encourages me to read stories such as yours. God bless!  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.