The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Well, it's been a while since I posted last, so here's a quick update of the happenings in the Nelson clan.

Work:
Nestle's been pretty great the last little bit. Our entire team went to Dallas for a few days for an offsite team "meeting". We met for like 6 total hours over 3 days. The rest of the time, we played golf at the TPC in Los Colinas. We stayed at the Four Seasons...nice, but almost TOO nice. They waited on you hand and foot SO much, that I barely got to finish my meals. Everytime I'd stop to talk to my neighbor, a waiter would reach for my plate. I'd brashly let them know that I'll tell them when to take the plate away. (this happened 4 times during 1 meal...I felt that being brash was justified). All in all, good meetings and good R&R.

All this past week at work was dedicated to Wal*Mart's Shareholder's Meeting. Up at 5:00 AM, meeting begins at 7:00 AM, lasts until noon. The bright spots of the meeting: Free orange juice, Jessica Simpson sang the Star Spangled Banner, Jon Bon Jovi did a 3 song accousic set, and Garth Brooks closed down the meeting accoustially. It was pretty sweet. On top of the meeting itself, Nestle flew in many of it's CEOs and big wigs in to attend the meeting. So there was lots of office cleaning, huge number crunching for their meetings, and large amounts of stress.

Family:
Memorial Day has passed since my last post, so that means summer has officialy begun. During the Memorial Day weekend, we had some friends over for a hot dog cookout and hang out. Lots of kids, and lots of dogs...real dogs, not hot dogs. We hit up some disc golf the next morning and had a grand old time. I avoided getting poison ivy, and Belle (my dog) almost died. She likes to chase the discs as we throw them, naturally. The one hole has a huge dry creek surrounded by trees going through the middle of the hole. The drop from the top to the bottom is about 6-7 feet, with concrete steps going down the side to help the golfers get down to the bottom. Well, Belle thrashes off after my toss, going full speed over the edge. We hear nothing and see nothing. I start running for the edge about 15 seconds later, and Belle runs up the other side. She's covered in dirt, but seemingly unhurt. You could see where she hit in the dirt at the bottom of the creek. Needless to say, I'm thankful she's OK, but it still scares me to think about it.

We went to Allyn & Aaron's new house on Sunday night for a cookout there. Lots more kids, great food, and I found a red wine I actually like: Ecco Domani. Later this past week, Adam & Sarah Eichler had a cookout for all their friends. They are leaving on their honeymoon on Monday, in which they'll go to Rome and be prayed over directly by the Pope. I think it's pretty cool, and I'm not even Catholic! From there, they hit Ephesus and and a bunch of other cool Biblical cities. They'll be gone for 27 DAYS!!! A freakin' MONTH!! I think that may be longer than Paul's second missionary journey! They'll have a blast, and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing the pictures.

Allison and I leave for New York this Wednesday!!! We're getting pretty excited about it, though we're kind of sad to leave Emma for 5 days. I guess she'll be ok by herself...she's pretty smart. Ok, Allison's parents and sister are coming to watch Emma and Belle for us while we're gone. Everyone will have a super duper time.

While we're in NY, we're going to see the musical Wicked, go to Letterman, Live with Kelly & Regis, and hit a neato restaraunt called Serendipity that is famous for its frozen hot chocolate. We'll be eating there on our anniversay (the 10th), so it'll be extra special. We're also hitting that pizza joint that the Steger's mentioned (Grimaldi's). We're doing a tourist thing where you get on a bus to a siteseeing spot, hang out there as long as you want, then catch the next bus (they're on 30 minute cycles) to the next spot. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics of our trip when we get back.

Sorry for not posting in a while...and by the way, Fish died the day after Buggy, so the tank is sitting empty and cleaned out on my desk. Emma still points to it and says "Fiss"!!

1 Responses to “The Good Kind of Busy”

  1. # Blogger John Nelson

    Oh yeah...I forgot to add that I got a promotion at work! Well, I'm getting paid the same, but doing different stuff, so call it what you want. I call it a promotion!  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.