The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I have 2 major "blasts from the pasts" to report on!

Trumpet
I played trumpet from middle school to high school, and polished off a scholoarshipped year in the Razorback marching band. Yeah...I was an ultra-band-nerd (but to other band nerds, we refer to ourselves as band studs, though). My trumpet was stolen from a friend's car on campus and I then picked up guitar.

I've had a serious hankering to get a trumpet and start playing again. I have some friends (Martha & Georgia) who have played / are playing in the Arkansas Winds Community Band, which really made me want to play trumpet again! I just returned a guitar my Dad bought me years ago to him, since I wasn't using it and it was just taking up space in my closet. He emailed me the other day and asked if I'd be interested in a trumpet in place of the guitar! He has an old friend who is mega-trumpet dude and has a couple of trumpets...and he's giving Dad a great "friend" discount. So, instead of me trying to get a cheap, clunky trumpet, I'll be hitting up a Bach Stradivarius. I'm super-stoked and can't wait to start practicing so I can reuse some forgotten talent again!

Da Rollerblades
That's right, folks...the Chocolate's have returned to NWA with a dusty vengance! My first sophomore year of college (yeah...there was a 2nd sophomore year, too), I spent more time in my skates than I did regular shoes, and considerable more time in them than in class (thus the 2nd sophomore year). Literally, I spent between 8-10 hours a day in my skates. I upgraded to the Chocolates near the end of my rollerblading life, and stowed them away at my parents house. Well, they have made the trip back to Northwest Arkansas with me, and hopefully, they'll be used at least a few times before I deem myself too old and out of shape to really do that stuff again. More than likely, I'll just hurt myself the first time out and throw them away. Regardless, I'm pretty stoked to go old-school again.

0 Responses to “Old School”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.