The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


My super-cool mom is a radio personality for KTLO in Mountain Home. I can't call her a DJ, because then I get an image of her with a nose ring and dredlocks, spinning records at a nightclub. And that's disturbing. I asked her to make me a compilation of John Williams movie theme songs, and God love her, she did it. I doubt all the songs are John Williams, but she gave me a great CD full of theme songs (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Superman, Olympic Fanfare, Back to the Future, etc).
I was just listening to it at work and the Legend of Zelda theme song came on. I immediately went into retro-flashback-mode! Dang that was a great game! As the song played, I could walk through the map in my head, shooting my little sword at red and blue Qberts and chasing floating hearts. I remember spending HOURS on that game, burning EVERY bush and bombing every rock on that that map looking for hidden doors. What a great day it was when I finally beat the game!

Just wanted to share that with everyone. If you still have the old NES, bust out some Zelda for a great retro-flashback moment!

0 Responses to “The Legend of Zelda”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.