The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


It was a good, enjoyable weekend. I can't say that I was very faithful to my diet, but it was the best kind of cheating I can imagine.

Friday night, Josh & Margo, Adam & Sarah, and my fam headed out to eat some catfish at this place in the boondocks. Honestly...I believe the name of the place includes the word "backwoods". It's off of Highway 45 on your way toward Goshen. This place is a fried food smorgesborg!! It has fried catfish, fried chicken, fried okra, and fried shrimp. They also had some tastey strawberry shortcake. I ate too much...but I drank water instead of Coke, so I'm declaring the evening a wash for calorie intake! Afterwards, we came back to our house, put Emma to bed, and watched Wedding Crashers. Here's the thing...I can't morally tell some one to rent this...but it was easily one of the funnier movies I've seen in a long time. A few mammaries here and there, but overall very funny. Vince Vaughn is a genious.

Saturday, Allison went to get a massage (her Mother's Day gift from LAST YEAR). Emma and I bundled up and went to the Johnson park. You can see some of the images on Emma's blog. Saturday evening, we went to Rogers to shop at Belk's (Allison needs a dress for the Heart Ball in Little Rock). I ended up buying a couple of shirts. Then we went to Copeland's and ate appetizers for dinner. They have the best Spinach & Artichoke dip known to mankind. And it all hinges on the fried bowtie pasta they use for the dippers. It's amazing.

Sunday, we worked the nursery at Church. We got to work in Emma's room, which was really fun, and suprisingly easy. We chilled all afternoon, and went to Community Group that night. We watched a great episode of Desperate Housewives, and I started some laundry. Finished laundry around 1:20 AM, went to bed. Work sucked the next day because I was tired.

Can you tell I started to run out of time toward the end? Yeah...not much elaboration. Later.

5 Responses to “Weekend Review”

  1. # Blogger Spencer

    I've seen that catfish place before. We were on our way to a Christmas party last year in Goshen and there was a wreck on 45 so we had to take a detour through the boondocks. We were driving along in the dark and we saw nothing, nothing, nothing, Big catfish buffet restaurant with 150 cars out front, nothing, pond, nothing. It was kind of like the Twilight Zone Catfish Buffet. Very creepy.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Vince Vaughn is a genious....

    Why? Because he happened to be friends with Ben Stiller and stumbles into the same role in every movie he has ever done?  

  3. # Blogger John Nelson

    Actually, yes to the second part. He certainly has the exact same character role in every film he is in. However, that is due in part because he:
    1) Delivers comedic lines perfectly
    2) Is seriously sarcastic
    3) Facial expression

    He's good at what he does. And Ben Stiller isn't all that funny, in my opinion. He is overshadowed in every film (except Meet the Parents) by his co-stars.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I agree with Ben stiller...name me an actor who has done more with less talent??

    Actually - that would be a cool post - top 10ish actors who have done so much with so little talent.....

    you wanna tackle that one or me?  

  5. # Blogger John Nelson

    I'll let you do it...you have much wittier thoughts than I do.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.