The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


It's amazing how you can totally look at something and not see it. This is true for a variety of things in life: nature, housework that needs to be done, and many times, even people. I have a 25 minute commute to and from work each day. NWA is growing at an insane rate...housing developments seemingly go up over night, business areas popping up left and right, traffic getting thicker and slower at every bend.

I was taken aback by my not seeing a huge development that is going up in Rogers at the Pinnacle Hills exit (85). I look at this one hillside every day as I drive past it going to work. I usually look at it, because our office may move close to this location this year. But the other day, I looked and the entire hillside was cleared off. A few trees remained, but mainly it was a giant dirt patch. I don't even know when it got cleared! On the opposite side of the road (East side of 540), there is a hospital and the Promenade being built. I didn't even think the Promenade had even been started yet. Until I came to a screeching halt on the highway (part of that whole traffic growth) going home a couple of weeks ago. I look to my left and see a sprawling complex, completely built, but not finished off. I was totally awestruck! I had NO idea they were that far along! How can you miss a building complex of that size? The same thing happened at church a couple of weeks ago. Fellowship is expanding a TON. Allison and I got to tour the new kids building. I looked out a window that faces behind the building and saw another building that's roughly 125,000 square feet! WHAT IS THAT??? My brother-in-law told me it was the new High School and Middle School buildings. How did I miss THAT???

Emma is so observant of everything. She spots little Razorback stickers on cars beside us and says "Woooo Pig". She stops and smells flowers in restaraunts. She finds food she dropped a week ago in her car seat and savors it (yeah, that's a bit gross). She notices boo-boo's on other people (more so the bandaid on them, but nonetheless). When do we get so busy and stop noticing all the things around us? What causes us to lose our faith like a child and sense of awe at the world around us?

0 Responses to “Crazy”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.