The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


This weekend really made me feel like Fall was here. It was probably a mixture of crisp non-humid air, football, leaves starting to change, and pumpkins that made it settle in.

Allison and I took Emma up to Pumpkin Hollow on Saturday. It's off highway 264 (JB Hunt exit going West). It was so fun! Lots of photo opportunities, and tons of good carving pumpkins available. They also had some stinking MASSIVE pumpkins that ranged from 50-120 pounds! I really wanted to get one of the big ones, but Allison brought me back to reality by reminding me how hard and long it would take to carve out a pumpkin that large. I rarely even have the patience to carve out a normal sized pumpkin. :)

Anyway, I highly recommend going out there, especially if you have kids or nice cameras you want to take pictures with (wink, wink). My two recommendations:
1) Go in the afternoon if you're doing photo-shoots: the sun will be in your kids' eyes in the AM
2) I think it's between 2:30 and 4:30 PM, but Bedford comes out and takes FREE photos!

Check out some of the pictures of Emma from our visit!

1 Responses to “Pumpkin Hollow”

  1. # Blogger Cameron

    Solid.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.