The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I began playing disc golf in the middle of my college years (roughly 5 1/2 years ago...yikes!). My first experience of this incredible sport was at Gulley Park in Fayetteville. It was amazing and life-changing for me. It was like a dog who is normally cooped up all day long being released into an infinitely large field to play ball and chase birds. The freedom, sport, and relaxation that I get from playing disc golf in unexplanable.

I have spent countless hours with close friends and complete strangers playing disc golf at Gulley Park, Little Rock, Dallas, Tulsa, Colorado, Kansas City, and the great course in Bartlesville.

Alas, the winds of Autumn are blowing and change is knocking on the door of my nostalgia. My home course will be torn down next week and moved to Lake Fayetteville. Though I see this as being extremely sad (I will certainly miss the atmosphere of Gulley Park, playing DG while Concert in the Park is in full swing), I am trying to see this move as a good thing. There are 3 things I can see as positive effects of this move:
1) Less "walker" injuries: I've hit my fair share of walkers/joggers at Gulley.
2) More difficult course: more trees, more difficult landscape, etc. Should help test my skills.
3) Closer to my house!

So, I will roll with the punches and change with the seasons, adjusting my life to the whims of the powers that be (who are apparently the dozens of DG hitting victims at Gulley Park who complained about us "hoodlums" who hit them with frisbees)

0 Responses to “Waxing Poetic on Disc Golf”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.