The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Well, in the past 2 days, Emma has acquired some serious plastic items. First, Allison went garage saling (is that the term??) on Saturday. She picked up one of those kiddie kitchens along with some plastic groceries. Emma's loving it. We noticed in the nursery at church that the kitchen is where she heads first when dropped off. Now she has one.

The fam took an outing to Toys R Us last night to look around and kill some time. We walked right past this big plastic play house, but Emma stopped and went right in. She loved it! It was on sale, too, for the reasonable price of $50. Usually these kind of things go from $100-$250 depending on the "fun" level. Well, this is just 4 sides and a roof with a door and 3 windows. Apparently, the fun level is low, but it works well for a 1 1/2 year old.

I was thinking to myself, "How fun it will be to give this to her and see her face...her happiness." I wasn't let down.

My mind kept coming back to the passage in Matthew 7:7-12.

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

I amaze myself at how self-sustaining I think I am. I forget to ask of God for most things, because I think I can do them myself. But all God asks of me is that I ask of him. Why is that SO hard to do??? Man, when the Bible refers to us as 'sheep', God was spot-on in the parallel...you have to push my head down to the grass to get me to eat.

0 Responses to “Gift Giving”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.