The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Well, it turned out to be a pretty spectacular day here in California! The training got over around noon, so I had the whole afternoon and evening to do just about anything. I tried to get a flight home for tonight, but it would cost too much to change my flight at the last minute, so I opted to stay here (for good reason, too!).

I was talking to Allison after training, and told her I didn't know what to do the rest of the day. She told me to go to Universal Studios. So I did! I got there around 1:00 PM, and spent the next 7 hours waiting in line for decent rides. My favorite? Revenge of the Mummy. It's a good time. Other fun attractions are Shrek 4-D, Terminator 2: 3-D, and Waterworld. However, if you happen to be going to Universal Studios soon, take this advice: don't eat and then immediately go ride Back to the Future. You'll vomit. Thankfully, I didn't, but I sure did want to! I hit most of the attractions there and left about 8:00 PM.

I decided to hang out at Universal City Walk for a while, since I wasn't very tired and didn't feel like going back to the hotel. I grabbed some Starbucks and watched people walk around for a while. Then hung out at EB Games, which is next to the cinema. Spontaneously, I decided to go see a movie: World Trade Center. It was pretty great, though nothing like what I expected. I'd recommend seeing it.

Now I have to pack so I can get home and see my girls! It's amazing how much you can miss someone (or many someone's) in such a short time of being gone.

0 Responses to “California, Day 2”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.