The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


I don't go out to each much for lunch. I live vicariously through the Lunch Tour. It's too expensive to eat out everday for lunch, and I'm a bit "stuck" in the office for reasons I will not talk about here (because I'll cuss a lot and end up quitting my job...). So, I have been refining the fine art of lunching at the office.

First of all, my WONDERFUL wife has been getting up with me in the mornings. While I get ready for work, she fixes my lunch and does her quiet time. So, I'm saving money and eating healthier by her serving me by fixing my lunch everyday. As you can see from the picture, my mother-in-law took things to the next level: a lunch box. The lunch box was plain silver, but she gave me 2 sheets of classic Superman stickers to adorn on my new lunch box! Yeah...she rocks.

The finishing touches on the fine art of in-office lunching is what you do while you're eating. For the longest time, I would waste time by surfing the internet. I have chosen a new hobby during lunch: movie watching! I have some kickin' speakers hooked up to my iPod dock at work, and I just switch over the input line to my laptop and watch an hour of a movie on my monitor! It's pretty darn great! In fact, on a few occasions, co-workers have joined me to watch movies in my cube during lunch. My boss isn't quite sure how to react...he now just asks what movie I'm watching and goes on his way.

So, if you're a person who is bound and gagged to their chairs straight through the day, maybe you can adopt my style of in-office lunching. It's pretty great.

0 Responses to “The Fine Art of In-Office Lunching”

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.