The Nellie Spot

My Happy Place


Not me.

I got "the" call from Unilver today, and they went with "someone who fills the position more appropriately". Translated: "Umm, you have no experience, and we need someone with experience."

I was never gung-ho about the position. I mainly wanted to see HOW green the other grass was from this side of the fence. Unfortunately, it's a privacy fence. :-)

I'm not sure exactly why, but I'm still a bit sad. I think it's a combination of 3 things:
1) The rejection factor. It sucks to be rejected.
2) The "you're-not-good-enough" factor. I think this is probably the biggest of the two. I've always wanted to be good enough for anything and everything (but obviously that's an improbable and exhausting goal).
3) I was going to use this offer as leverage at my current employer to get a "please don't leave us!" raise. That's kaput. Looks like I'll actually have to work to get a raise! (I hate conventionalism)

Don't cry for me, sacred Blog-Ring! Just send cash! :)

4 Responses to “And the Winner Is...”

  1. # Blogger Jaime

    well as the benefactor would say, sometimes the loser is the big winner or something like that. did you catch any of that strange show? actually mark cuban seems like a pretty normal guy; he has a blog, http://www.blogmaverick.com/

    and what's this about not being our neighbor?????  

  2. # Blogger John Nelson

    I didn't see the show, but I caught a few highlights from "The Soup" on E! Most of these reality shows are highly intriguing and attention-getting for me, so I try to stay away for fear of being sucked in. I stick to American Idol and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

    I was wondering if y'all would catch that house for sale comment! But we wouldn't be leaving the neighborhood. There's a SLIM possibility that we move to a house on Birch, which is actually closer to you! At this point, it's fancifull dreaming. It all depends on the sell price. :)  

  3. # Blogger Jason

    that would be great. Our wireless network could actually come into being.  

  4. # Blogger John Nelson

    No doubt! I'll do a drive-by to see if the house has line-of-sight to your roof.  

Post a Comment

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger


make money online blogger templates



XML


© 2006 The Nellie Spot | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online.